Thursday, July 7, 2011

Steps

I've been dentally cleared!!!! I know, its really not that exciting, but it brings me one step closer.  I was actually really surprised that my tool kit was updated and that I had already been dentally cleared.  I only mailed my med kit (via DHL) on Tuesday, so it would have arrived at PC sometime Wednesday morning.  From what I had been reading on other peoples' timelines it seemed like it usually took at least week, usually more, for PC to update the toolkit to say that the med kit had been received. It's nice when things happen quickly, though I don't think anything else is going to happen for a while now.  This is what my toolkit now says next to Physical:
"Peace Corps received the results of your physical exam on July 6, 2011. If the program you are nominated for is not scheduled to leave in the next 4 months you may not hear from Medical until the time of departure is closer. Currently those programs scheduled to leave in the next 4 months are being reviewed. For applicants leaving within 4 months Peace Corps may request additional medical information. Please respond quickly to these requests."
Sooo....looks like I'm going to be waiting a few months.  My nomination has a tentative departure date of February, just about 7 months away.  However, I still have hope.  Maybe, for whatever reason, I will be reviewed (and hopefully cleared) soonish.

Anyway, I stumbled upon this video yesterday and it made me smile. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment