Sunday, July 10, 2011

Back it up, back it up

I was so excited to be dentally cleared and moving forward in the application process, so of course there has to be an 'And then...' I was really hoping everything was just going to go totally smoothly, no trouble at all.  And, really, this isn't a big deal at all, more a minor annoyance.

I applied from South Korea.  I did all my blood tests, physical, all that good stuff here. That has all made it to PC.  However, I emailed pre-service to make sure my medical records and psych evaluation that my mom mailed in separately also made it and were with my other stuff.  No such luck.  Mind you, I had asked before if it would be alright to mail stuff separately and was told that was fine.  Well, the email I got back from pre-service  said this:
Items mailed separately can take a long time to find.  Your physical exam is here but not your mental health/psychological forms.  You may want to gather all the documents together, verify them against the checklist and mail them in again.


Pre-Service Unit.

This doesn't make any sense.  Why should I spend at least $100 to get all my paperwork together AGAIN and mail it to the States, especially since they already have most of it.  So, we exchanged emails and I pointed out that OMS had told me before that mailing/faxing my medical records and psych evaluation was fine, and should I just fax in another copy? Yes, that's fine.  Inconvenient and annoying, but doable.  My mom, wonderful as she is, is going back to my doctor at home to get another copy of my medical record and have her fill out another psych evaluation, then fax it in to PC this week.  Hopefully my  doctor made a copy of the psych evaluation when she did it the first time. 

  It's going to get taken care of and my mom is going to fax it in with a nice cover letter asking them to, please, immediately put it with my other papers since it's the second time it's been sent.  I'm going to be home in a month, which is great, and will hopefully mean that if there are any more problems I can take care of them myself and not have to rely on my mom so much.  On the downside, I won't have insurance, so I'm REALLY hoping everything is in order by then and I don't have to go to the doctor/do any more tests.  Anyway, so that's that. 

I may have taken a step back in the process, but I know I'll keep moving forward, its just a (very) minor setback, that may not be a setback at all depending on when all my paperwork makes it together and when they began doing my medical review.  So, really, probably no problem at all....

No comments:

Post a Comment